Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New Artist: Paper Route

Last week I posted an MP3 from Paper Route, a band which I had only recently discovered. I've had the chance to give their recently released EP, Are We All Forgotten a listen, and I have to say I'm very impressed. "Empty House," the single I posted earlier, is perhaps my favorite on the record, though "Are We All Forgotten," with it's great drum and bass line and more immediate vocals make for a great listen also. The band's twist on atmospheric indie rock is captivating and after the slow, gorgeous "Waiting For The Final Leaf To Fall," I'm left wanting more.

I haven't been able to find any information regarding a full-length album, though I imagine it will be soon in coming. The band is also touring through November and December, so check out their MySpace page for dates and who they're with.

And, lastly, their new EP is available to purchase at iTunes for $3 (5 songs, not a bad deal).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heard them live last night in the DC area. They were unbelievably incredible!! Stole the show!

Anonymous said...

Relevant Magazine showcased Paper Route today. Check out the story, music and video here: http://retwt.me/D5k5 Thought you might want to read!