Thursday, September 11, 2008

Music and Politics: Obama and McCain reveal top 10 tunes

Blender magazine has published John McCain's and Barack Obama's favorite songs lists. Many of you have probably seen this already; I know it's not exactly "news" at this point, but I just recently ran into it. At first I thought this might be a joke. "Dancing Queen," John? Seriously?

So if you haven't made up your mind, maybe this will push you in one direction or the other.

Barack Obama:

1. Fugees - 'Ready Or Not'
2. Marvin Gaye - 'What's Going On'
3. Bruce Springsteen - 'I'm On Fire'
4. The Rolling Stones - 'Gimme Shelter'
5. Nina Simone - 'Sinnerman'
6. Kanye West - 'Touch The Sky'
7. Frank Sinatra - 'You'd Be So Easy To Love'
8. Aretha Franklin - 'Think'
9. U2 - 'City of Blinding Lights'
10. will.i.am - 'Yes We Can'

John McCain:

1. ABBA - 'Dancing Queen'
2. Roy Orbison - 'Blue Bayou'
3. ABBA - 'Take A Chance On Me'
4. Merle Haggard - 'If We Make It Through December'
5. Dooley Wilson - 'As Time Goes By'
6. The Beach Boys - 'Good Vibrations'
7. Louis Armstrong - 'What A Wonderful World'
8. Frank Sinatra - 'I've Got You Under My Skin'
9. Neil Diamond - 'Sweet Caroline'
10. The Platters - 'Smoke Gets In Your Eyes'

1 comments:

The Captain said...

...yeah...this has just increased my support for Barack, lol.